Madrid. Seville. Granada

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jun 27th- Sunny Mondays and Horse Shows


On monday we took a 9am bus ride out to training stables to watch horse lessons. Originally the plan was to view the traditional Spanish style "training of horses", but it turned out to just watching the upper Granada elite take riding lessons. Regardless, it was great to get some action shots of the horses, get to interact with the horses in the stables, and capture the early morning lighting. The stables were attached to a country club; so instead of the normal "country clubs" in Houston featuring tennis or golf; this one was dedicated to riding. All the riders were learning English, which reminded me of the days that I used to ride when I was younger. Sometimes I really do still miss riding, and it was fun to live vicariously through these riders because I understood the difficulties and skills of jumping large quarter horses. After the stables we went to a lunch at a chinese buffet, it was probably my favorite meal yet. Just the word buffet gave me excitement but the excess of fruits and vegetables, all meats and desserts gave me all the protein and nutrition I was craving. It was a very relaxing day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment