Madrid. Seville. Granada

Friday, July 3, 2009

Last day in Granada!


The last day in Granada is still one of my favorite days of the trip.... not for the reason that we were LEAVING Granada; because truly it has been my favorite town. We were allowed to wake up whenever we chose (which was nice) and then had free time until one. Around 9am Allison Jamie and I headed out to shop. I was able to go into a few stores I had been dying to check out, along with the street vendors who sold small trinkets that were  necessary to purchase. My favorite purchase of the day is about half a pound of homemade tea called "te de granada". It smells like heaven. Just a whiff and I felt like I was in the tropics on the beach.... I can't wait to try it out when I get home! At 1:30 we met back at the Hostel for a late lunch and to celebrate one of our group members birthdays (his would be the next day and we would be traveling all that day). After lunch and cake we had a short siesta, worked on some shutter speed fountain pictures; and then were released back into Granada for a little farewell free time and shopping. Once back at the Hostel again, we got ready for a nice dinner (finally a chance to dress up!) We walked to an amazing restaurant, that overlooked The Alhombra at sunset. The meal was exquisite. 5 courses of mouthwatering foods... some more interesting than others. I will never forget my first (and last) bite of blood sausage. It's aftertaste stayed with me all night... around 11 it was back to the Hostel, to finish packing and sleep! Tomorrow we would leave bright and early for Sevilla! 

No comments:

Post a Comment