Madrid. Seville. Granada

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The art of Photography



Today was our first lesson with Tino, the National Geographic expert who will be staying in Granada with us for the next 5 days. After dinner, he gave a lesson (ending now at 1230) that was beautifully inspiring and enlightening. 
His main photography advice:
"If the people are dancing the photographer must dance"...
Tomorrow will be our first day with Tino; and I am excited to put those immortal words to use as I try to form a connection with my photography subject. 
Above is my favorite photograph so far on the trip-- I captured this in the Kings Gardens in Madrid, a beautiful park comparable to New York's Central Park. The little spanish girl was enjoying the park with her family, and showing her mother the ducks on the lake (to her left).
Tino taught us that a main aspect of photography is to tell a story,
to leave interpretation up to the viewer to try to discover the meaning behind the photograph.
I love this photo because it captures the beauty of the moment, the innocence of the child, and the question of her amusement. 

Adios from my 6th day in Espana!

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture too, not only because of the color and theme, but because it reminds me of you when you were that age!

    ReplyDelete