Madrid. Seville. Granada

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Stealing Shots"


Sorry I have not updated this in a while, the time spent in Granada with Tino has been very hectic, we are constantly on the go and the time we are not I am resting... but now I am in a 3 hour siesta period and will be able to give updates on the last three days.

Two days ago was our first day with Tino--
We spent the morning divided into three groups, and my group worked with Tino on "stealing shots", In broken english Tino explained to us the art of "stealing a photo" or more commonly known as creeping. Basically we spent the morning acting as paparazzi, taking pictures of people without them knowing. It was very exciting! We spent the morning hiking around Granada and walked probably about 10 miles, then went to a lunch and siesta, and then later retraced the same steps to get similar photos with the light change. We watched a beautiful sunset at Ahlombra (castle city) before heading back for a lesson and then we were all in bed by 1am. Talk about a long day. Later in the afternoon we worked out making interaction with the people we were photographing, asking for a photo in spanish, then perfecting lighting foreground and background. The second shot Im uploading is my first "stolen" shot of the day. Obviously the couple knew I was taking the shot, I guess I'm not as sneaky as I hoped. The first shot I've uploaded is a slightly more interesting story.... I spotted the guitarist from across the plaza and decided to go for the shot, yet he was walking too fast. So naturally I chased him down and in broken spanish asked for a picture... "Socar tocar el photographia por favor?" I don't think that is even the correct participles but that Is what I asked, at first he resisted but with further pressuring and a puppy dog face I got my shot. The man was drunk and smelly and had nasty teeth but the picture turned out well... It was quite the eventful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment